Dictionary Results for portions|
1. portion - noun
· something determined in relation to something that includes it; "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"; "the animal constituent of plankton"
Synonym(s): part, component_part, component, constituent
2. portion - noun
· something less than the whole of a human artifact; "the rear part of the house"; "glue the two parts together"
Hypernym(s): object, physical_object
3. portion - noun
· the allotment of some amount by dividing something; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologians"
Synonym(s): parcel, share
Hypernym(s): allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
4. portion - noun
· assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
Synonym(s): share, part, percentage
5. portion - noun
· your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
Synonym(s): fortune, destiny, fate, luck, lot, circumstances
6. portion - noun
· money or property brought by a woman to her husband at marriage
Synonym(s): dowry, dowery, dower
7. portion - noun
· an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal; "the helpings were all small"; "his portion was larger than hers"; "there's enough for two servings each"
Synonym(s): helping, serving
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
8. portion - verb
· give out; "We were assigned new uniforms"
Synonym(s): assign, allot
Hypernym(s): distribute, administer, mete_out, deal, parcel_out, lot, dispense, shell_out, deal_out, dish_out, allot, dole_out
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.