Dictionary Results for pool|
1. pool - noun
· an excavation that is (usually) filled with water
2. pool - noun
· a small lake; "the pond was too small for sailing"
3. pool - noun
· an organization of people or resources that can be shared; "a car pool"; "a secretarial pool"; "when he was first hired he was assigned to the pool"
Hypernym(s): organization, organisation
4. pool - noun
· an association of companies for some definite purpose
Synonym(s): consortium, syndicate
5. pool - noun
· any communal combination of funds; "everyone contributed to the pool"
Hypernym(s): reserve_account, reserve_fund
6. pool - noun
· a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid; "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
Hypernym(s): body_of_water, water
7. pool - noun
· the combined stakes of the betters
Hypernym(s): stake, stakes, bet, wager
8. pool - noun
· something resembling a pool of liquid; "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
Hypernym(s): topographic_point, place, spot
9. pool - noun
· any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
10. pool - verb
· combine into a common fund; "We pooled resources"
11. pool - verb
· join or form a pool of people
Hypernym(s): group, aggroup
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.