Dictionary Results for pledge|
1. pledge - noun
· a deposit of personal property as security for a debt; "his saxophone was in pledge"
2. pledge - noun
· someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group
Hypernym(s): member, fellow_member
3. pledge - noun
· a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
4. pledge - noun
· a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something; "an assurance of help when needed"; "signed a pledge never to reveal the secret"
Hypernym(s): commitment, dedication
5. pledge - verb
· promise solemnly and formally; "I pledge that I will honor my wife"
Hypernym(s): promise, assure
6. pledge - verb
· pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals; "I pledged $10 a month to my favorite radio station"
7. pledge - verb
· propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
Synonym(s): toast, drink, salute, wassail
Hypernym(s): honor, honour, reward
8. pledge - verb
· give as a guarantee; "I pledge my honor"
Hypernym(s): consign, charge
9. pledge - verb
· bind or secure by a pledge; "I was pledged to silence"
Hypernym(s): oblige, bind, hold, obligate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.