1. plate - noun
· (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score; "he ruled that the runner failed to touch home"
2. plate - noun
· a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
3. plate - noun
· a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
4. plate - noun
· dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten
5. plate - noun
· the quantity contained in a plate
6. plate - noun
· a rigid layer of the Earth's crust that is believed to drift slowly
7. plate - noun
· the thin under portion of the forequarter
8. plate - noun
· a main course served on a plate; "a vegetable plate"; "the blue plate special"
9. plate - noun
· any flat platelike body structure or part
10. plate - noun
· the positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube
11. plate - noun
· a flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded
12. plate - noun
· structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage
13. plate - noun
· a shallow receptacle for collection in church
14. plate - noun
· a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
15. plate - noun
· a dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
16. plate - verb
· coat with a layer of metal; "plate spoons with silver"
17. plat - verb
· make a plat of; "Plat the town"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.