Dictionary Results for plaster|
1. plaster - noun
· a mixture of lime or gypsum with sand and water; hardens into a smooth solid; used to cover walls and ceilings
Hypernym(s): mixture, covering_material
2. plaster - noun
· any of several gypsum cements; a white powder (a form of calcium sulphate) that forms a paste when mixed with water and hardens into a solid; used in making molds and sculptures and casts for broken limbs
Hypernym(s): calcium_sulphate, calcium_sulfate
3. plaster - noun
· a medical dressing consisting of a soft heated mass of meal or clay that is spread on a cloth and applied to the skin to treat inflamed areas or improve circulation etc.
Synonym(s): poultice, cataplasm
Hypernym(s): dressing, medical_dressing
4. plaster - noun
· a surface of hardened plaster (as on a wall or ceiling); "there were cracks in the plaster"
5. plaster - noun
· adhesive tape used in dressing wounds
Synonym(s): adhesive_plaster, sticking_plaster
6. plaster - verb
· apply a heavy coat to
Synonym(s): plaster_over, stick_on
7. plaster - verb
· cover conspicuously or thickly, as by pasting something on; "The demonstrators plastered the hallways with posters"; "She let the walls of the apartment be beplastered with stucco"
8. plaster - verb
· affix conspicuously; "She plastered warnings all over the wall"
Hypernym(s): affix, stick_on
9. plaster - verb
· apply a plaster cast to; "plaster the broken arm"
10. plaster - verb
· coat with plaster; "daub the wall"
Hypernym(s): coat, surface
11. plaster - verb
· dress by covering with a therapeutic substance
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.