Dictionary Results for pitched|
1. pitch - verb
· throw or toss with a light motion; "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
Synonym(s): flip, toss, sky
2. pitch - verb
· move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
Synonym(s): lurch, shift
3. pitch - verb
· fall or plunge forward; "She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
Hypernym(s): descend, fall, go_down, come_down
4. pitch - verb
· set to a certain pitch; "He pitched his voice very low"
5. pitch - verb
· sell or offer for sale from place to place
Synonym(s): peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend
Hypernym(s): deal, sell, trade
6. pitch - verb
· be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
Synonym(s): slope, incline
Hypernym(s): lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
7. pitch - verb
· heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
Synonym(s): cant, cant_over, tilt, slant
8. pitch - verb
· erect and fasten; "pitch a tent"
Hypernym(s): rear, erect
9. pitch - verb
· throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball; "The pitcher delivered the ball"
10. pitch - verb
· hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
11. pitch - verb
· lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
12. pitch - verb
· set the level or character of; "She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"
Hypernym(s): adapt, accommodate
13. pitched - adjective
· (of sound) set to a certain pitch or key; usually used as a combining form; "high-pitched"
14. pitched - adjective
· set at a slant; "a pitched rather than a flat roof"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.