Dictionary Results for pin|
1. pin - noun
· a piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment
Hypernym(s): jewelry, jewellery
2. pin - noun
· when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat
Hypernym(s): victory, triumph
3. pin - noun
· small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
Hypernym(s): marker, marking, mark
4. pin - noun
· a number you choose and use to gain access to various accounts
Synonym(s): personal_identification_number, PIN, PIN_number
5. pin - noun
· informal terms for the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
Synonym(s): peg, stick
6. pin - noun
· axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
Hypernym(s): axis, axis_of_rotation
7. pin - noun
· cylindrical tumblers consisting of two parts that are held in place by springs; when they are aligned with a key the bolt can be thrown
8. pin - noun
· flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
9. pin - noun
· a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
Hypernym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
10. pin - noun
· a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
Synonym(s): peg, thole, tholepin, rowlock, oarlock
11. pin - noun
· a club-shaped wooden object used in bowling; set up in triangular groups of ten as the target
12. pin - verb
· to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
Synonym(s): trap, immobilize, immobilise
13. pin - verb
· attach or fasten with pins; "pin the needle to the shirt"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
14. pin - verb
· pierce with a pin; "pin down the butterfly"
Hypernym(s): transfix, impale, empale, spike
15. pin - verb
· (chess) immobilize a piece
Hypernym(s): attack, aggress
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.