Dictionary Results for pay|
1. pay - noun
· something that remunerates; "wages were paid by check"; "he wasted his pay on drink"; "they saved a quarter of all their earnings"
Synonym(s): wage, earnings, remuneration, salary
2. pay - verb
· give money, usually in exchange for goods or services; "I paid four dollars for this sandwich"; "Pay the waitress, please"
3. pay - verb
· convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow; "Don't pay him any mind"; "give the orders"; "Give him my best regards"; "pay attention"
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
4. pay - verb
· cancel or discharge a debt; "pay up, please!"
Synonym(s): pay_up, ante_up
5. pay - verb
· bring in; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
Synonym(s): yield, bear
Hypernym(s): gain, take_in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull_in, bring_in
6. pay - verb
· do or give something to somebody in return; "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
Synonym(s): pay_off, make_up, compensate
7. pay - verb
· dedicate; "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
Synonym(s): give, devote
Hypernym(s): think, cogitate, cerebrate
8. pay - verb
· be worth it; "It pays to go through the trouble"
9. pay - verb
· render; "pay a visit"; "pay a call"
10. pay - verb
· bear (a cost or penalty), in recompense for some action; "You'll pay for this!"; "She had to pay the penalty for speaking out rashly"; "You'll pay for this opinion later"
Hypernym(s): digest, endure, stick_out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put_up
11. pay - verb
· make a compensation for; "a favor that cannot be paid back"
Hypernym(s): requite, repay
12. pay - verb
· discharge or settle; "pay a debt"; "pay an obligation"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.