1. particular - noun
· a fact about some part (as opposed to general); "he always reasons from the particular to the general"
2. particular - noun
· a small part that can be considered separately from the whole; "it was perfect in all details"
3. particular - noun
· (logic) a proposition that asserts something about some (but not all) members of a class
4. particular - adjective
· unique or specific to a person or thing or category; "the particular demands of the job"; "has a particular preference for Chinese art"; "a peculiar bond of sympathy between them"; "an expression peculiar to Canadians"; "rights peculiar to the rich"; "the special features of a computer"; "my own special chair"
5. particular - adjective
· separate and distinct from others of the same group or category; "interested in one particular artist"; "a man who wishes to make a particular woman fall in love with him"
6. particular - adjective
· surpassing what is common or usual or expected; "he paid especial attention to her"; "exceptional kindness"; "a matter of particular and unusual importance"; "a special occasion"; "a special reason to confide in her"; "what's so special about the year 2000?"
7. particular - adjective
· first and most important; "his special interest is music"; "she gets special (or particular) satisfaction from her volunteer work"
8. particular - adjective
· exacting especially about details; "a finicky eater"; "fussy about clothes"; "very particular about how her food was prepared"
9. particular - adjective
· providing specific details or circumstances; "a particular description of the room"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.