Dictionary Results for part|
1. part - noun
· something determined in relation to something that includes it; "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"; "the animal constituent of plankton"
Synonym(s): portion, component_part, component, constituent
2. part - noun
· something less than the whole of a human artifact; "the rear part of the house"; "glue the two parts together"
Hypernym(s): object, physical_object
3. part - noun
· a portion of a natural object; "they analyzed the river into three parts"; "he needed a piece of granite"
4. part - noun
· that which concerns a person with regard to a particular role or situation; "it requires vigilance on our part"; "they resisted every effort on his part"
5. part - noun
· the extended spatial location of something; "the farming regions of France"; "religions in all parts of the world"; "regions of outer space"
6. part - noun
· the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
Synonym(s): function, office, role
7. part - noun
· an actor's portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona"
Synonym(s): character, role, theatrical_role, persona
Hypernym(s): portrayal, characterization, enactment, personation
8. part - noun
· assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
Synonym(s): share, portion, percentage
9. part - noun
· one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole; "the written part of the exam"; "the finance section of the company"; "the BBC's engineering division"
Synonym(s): section, division
Hypernym(s): concept, conception, construct
10. part - noun
· a line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions; "his part was right in the middle"
11. part - noun
· the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music; "he tried to sing the tenor part"
Hypernym(s): tune, melody, air, strain, melodic_line, line, melodic_phrase
12. part - noun
· the effort contributed by a person in bringing about a result; "I am proud of my contribution in advancing the project"; "they all did their share of the work"
Synonym(s): contribution, share
Hypernym(s): attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
13. part - noun
· an item that is an instance of some type; "he designed a new piece of equipment"; "she bought a lovely piece of china"; "my dog swallowed a Lego part"
14. part - verb
· go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
Synonym(s): separate, split
15. part - verb
· discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
Synonym(s): separate, split_up, split, break, break_up
16. part - verb
· leave; "The family took off for Florida"
Synonym(s): depart, start, start_out, set_forth, set_off, set_out, take_off
Hypernym(s): leave, go_forth, go_away
17. part - verb
· come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
Synonym(s): separate, divide
18. part - verb
· force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
Synonym(s): separate, disunite, divide
Hypernym(s): move, displace
19. part - adverb
· to some extent; in some degree; not wholly; "I felt partly to blame"; "He was partially paralyzed"
Synonym(s): partially, partly, in_part
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.