Dictionary Results for paces|
1. pace - noun
· the rate of moving (especially walking or running)
2. pace - noun
· the distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
Synonym(s): footstep, step, stride
3. pace - noun
· the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
4. pace - noun
· a step in walking or running
Synonym(s): stride, tread
5. pace - noun
· the rate of some repeating event
6. pace - noun
· a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
Hypernym(s): linear_unit, linear_measure
7. pace - verb
· walk with slow or fast paces; "He paced up and down the hall"
8. pace - verb
· go at a pace; "The horse paced"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
9. pace - verb
· measure (distances) by pacing; "step off ten yards"
Hypernym(s): quantify, measure
10. pace - verb
· regulate or set the pace of; "Pace your efforts"
Hypernym(s): determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.