Dictionary Results for overhead|
1. overhead - noun
· the expense of maintaining property (e.g., paying property taxes and utilities and insurance); it does not include depreciation or the cost of financing or income taxes
Synonym(s): operating_expense, operating_cost, budget_items
Hypernym(s): expense, disbursal, disbursement
2. overhead - noun
· (computer science) the processing time required by a device prior to the execution of a command
Synonym(s): command_processing_overhead_time, command_processing_overhead, command_overhead
3. overhead - noun
· (computer science) the disk space required for information that is not data but is used for location and timing
Hypernym(s): disk_space, disc_space
4. overhead - noun
· a transparency for use with an overhead projector
Hypernym(s): foil, transparency
5. overhead - noun
· (nautical) the top surface of an enclosed space on a ship
6. overhead - noun
· a hard return hitting the tennis ball above your head
7. overhead - adjective
· located or originating from above; "an overhead crossing"
Antonym(s): surface, subsurface
8. overhead - adverb
· above your head; in the sky; "planes were flying overhead"
9. overhead - adverb
· above the head; over the head; "bring the legs together overhead"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.