Dictionary Results for opposition|
1. opposition - noun
· the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with; "he encountered a general feeling of resistance from many citizens"; "despite opposition from the newspapers he went ahead"
2. opposition - noun
· the relation between opposed entities
3. opposition - noun
· the act of hostile groups opposing each other; "the government was not ready for a confrontation with the unions"; "the invaders encountered stiff opposition"
4. opposition - noun
· a contestant that you are matched against
Synonym(s): opponent, opposite
5. opposition - noun
· a body of people united in opposing something
6. opposition - noun
· a direction opposite to another
7. opposition - noun
· an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force); "a soldier must be prepared to kill his enemies"
Synonym(s): enemy, foe, foeman
Hypernym(s): adversary, antagonist, opponent, opposer, resister
8. opposition - noun
· the major political party opposed to the party in office and prepared to replace it if elected; "Her Majesty's loyal opposition"
Hypernym(s): party, political_party
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.