1. number - noun
· the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals; "the number of parameters is small"; "the figure was about a thousand"
2. number - noun
· a concept of quantity involving zero and units; "every number has a unique position in the sequence"
3. number - noun
· a short performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
4. number - noun
· the number is used in calling a particular telephone; "he has an unlisted number"
5. number - noun
· a symbol used to represent a number; "he learned to write the numerals before he went to school"
6. number - noun
· one of a series published periodically; "she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waiting room"
7. number - noun
· a select company of people; "I hope to become one of their number before I die"
8. number - noun
· a numeral or string of numerals that is used for identification and may be attached to accounts, memberships, etc.; "she refused to give them her Social Security number"
9. number - noun
· a clothing measurement; "a number 13 shoe"
10. number - noun
· a numbered item in a series; "take the number 2 to the main square, then change to the number 5"
11. number - noun
· the grammatical category for the forms of nouns and pronouns and verbs that are used depending on the number of entities involved (singular or dual or plural); "in English the subject and the verb must agree in number"
12. number - noun
· an item of clothing; "she preferred the black nylon number"; "this sweater is an all-wool number"
13. number - verb
· add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
14. number - verb
· give numbers to; "You should number the pages of the thesis"
15. number - verb
· enumerate; "We must number the names of the great mathematicians"
16. number - verb
· put into a group; "The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members"
17. number - verb
· determine the number or amount of; "Can you count the books on your shelf?"; "Count your change"
18. number - verb
· place a limit on the number of
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.