Dictionary Results for nip|
1. nip - noun
· a small drink of liquor; "he poured a shot of whiskey"
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
2. nip - noun
· (offensive slang) offensive term for a person of Japanese descent
Synonym(s): Jap, Nip
Hypernym(s): Japanese, Nipponese
3. nip - noun
· the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
Synonym(s): relish, flavor, flavour, sapidity, savor, savour, smack, tang
Hypernym(s): taste, taste_sensation, gustatory_sensation, taste_perception, gustatory_perception
4. nip - noun
· the property of being moderately cold; "the chilliness of early morning"
Synonym(s): chilliness, coolness
Hypernym(s): coldness, cold, low_temperature, frigidity, frigidness
5. nip - noun
· a tart spicy quality
Synonym(s): piquance, piquancy, piquantness, tang, tanginess, zest
Hypernym(s): spiciness, spice, spicery
6. nip - noun
· a small sharp bite or snip
Hypernym(s): bite, chomp, clip, clipping, snip
7. nip - verb
· squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
Synonym(s): pinch, squeeze, twinge, tweet, twitch
8. nip - verb
· give a small sharp bite to; "The Queen's corgis always nip at her staff's ankles"
Hypernym(s): bite, seize_with_teeth
9. nip - verb
· sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"
Synonym(s): nip_off, clip, snip, snip_off
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.