1. next - adjective
· immediately following in time or order; "the following day"; "next in line"; "the next president"; "the next item on the list"
2. next - adjective
· nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side"
3. next - adjective
· (of elected officers) elected but not yet serving; "our next president"
4. next - adjective
· (of a day of the week) nearest (or nearest but one) after the present moment; "not this Saturday, next Saturday"; "on Tuesday next"
5. next - adverb
· at the time or occasion immediately following; "next the doctor examined his back"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.