Dictionary Results for net|
1. net - noun
· a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
Synonym(s): internet, cyberspace
2. net - noun
· a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
3. net - noun
· the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
Synonym(s): net_income, net_profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings
4. net - noun
· a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
5. net - noun
· game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
6. net - noun
· an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
Synonym(s): network, mesh, meshing, meshwork
Hypernym(s): fabric, cloth, material, textile
7. net - verb
· make as a net profit; "The company cleared $1 million"
Synonym(s): sack, sack_up, clear
Hypernym(s): profit, gain, benefit
8. net - verb
· yield as a net profit; "This sale netted me $1 million"
Hypernym(s): yield, pay, bear
9. net - verb
· construct or form a web, as if by weaving
Hypernym(s): weave, tissue
10. net - verb
· catch with a net; "net a fish"
Hypernym(s): catch, grab, take_hold_of
11. net - adjective
· remaining after all deductions; "net profit"
12. net - adjective
· conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
Synonym(s): final, last
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.