Dictionary Results for negative|
1. negative - noun
· a reply of denial; "he answered in the negative"
2. negative - noun
· a piece of photographic film showing an image with light and shade or colors reversed
Hypernym(s): film, photographic_film
3. negative - verb
· vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent; "The President vetoed the bill"
Synonym(s): veto, blackball
Hypernym(s): oppose, controvert, contradict
4. negative - adjective
· characterized by or displaying negation or denial or opposition or resistance; having no positive features; "a negative outlook on life"; "a colorless negative personality"; "a negative evaluation"; "a negative reaction to an advertising campaign"
Antonym(s): neutral, positive
5. negative - adjective
· expressing or consisting of a negation or refusal or denial
6. negative - adjective
· having the quality of something harmful or unpleasant; "ran a negative campaign"; "delinquents retarded by their negative outlook on life"
7. negative - adjective
· not indicating the presence of microorganisms or disease or a specific condition; "the HIV test was negative"
8. negative - adjective
· reckoned in a direction opposite to that regarded as positive; "negative interest rates"
9. negative - adjective
· less than zero; "a negative number"
10. negative - adjective
· designed or tending to discredit, especially without positive or helpful suggestions; "negative criticism"
11. negative - adjective
· having a negative charge; "electrons are negative"
Synonym(s): electronegative, negatively_charged
12. negative - adjective
· involving disadvantage or harm; "minus (or negative) factors"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.