Dictionary Results for narrowing|
1. narrowing - noun
· an instance of becoming narrow
Hypernym(s): shape, form, configuration, contour, conformation
2. narrowing - noun
· a decrease in width
Hypernym(s): decrease, decrement
3. narrowing - noun
· the act of making something narrower
4. narrow - verb
· make or become more narrow or restricted; "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
5. narrow - verb
· define clearly; "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
Synonym(s): pin_down, peg_down, nail_down, narrow_down, specify
6. narrow - verb
· become more focused on an area of activity or field of study; "She specializes in Near Eastern history"
Synonym(s): specialize, specialise, narrow_down
Hypernym(s): change, alter, vary
7. narrow - verb
· become tight or as if tight; "Her throat constricted"
Synonym(s): constrict, constringe
8. narrowing - adjective
· becoming gradually narrower; "long tapering fingers"; "trousers with tapered legs"
Synonym(s): tapered, tapering
9. narrowing - adjective
· (of circumstances) tending to constrict freedom
Synonym(s): constricting, constrictive
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.