Dictionary Results for narrow|
1. narrow - noun
· a narrow strait connecting two bodies of water
Hypernym(s): strait, sound
2. narrow - verb
· make or become more narrow or restricted; "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
3. narrow - verb
· define clearly; "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
Synonym(s): pin_down, peg_down, nail_down, narrow_down, specify
4. narrow - verb
· become more focused on an area of activity or field of study; "She specializes in Near Eastern history"
Synonym(s): specialize, specialise, narrow_down
Hypernym(s): change, alter, vary
5. narrow - verb
· become tight or as if tight; "Her throat constricted"
Synonym(s): constrict, constringe
6. narrow - adjective
· not wide; "a narrow bridge"; "a narrow line across the page"
7. narrow - adjective
· limited in size or scope; "the narrow sense of a word"
8. narrow - adjective
· lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view; "a brilliant but narrow-minded judge"; "narrow opinions"
9. narrow - adjective
· very limited in degree; "won by a narrow margin"; "a narrow escape"
10. narrow - adjective
· characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination; "a minute inspection of the grounds"; "a narrow scrutiny"; "an exact and minute report"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.