Dictionary Results for named|
1. name - verb
· assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
Synonym(s): call, know_as, be_known_as
2. name - verb
· give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
Hypernym(s): denote, refer
3. name - verb
· charge with a function; charge to be; "She was named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
Synonym(s): nominate, make
Hypernym(s): appoint, charge
4. name - verb
· create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
Synonym(s): appoint, nominate, constitute
Hypernym(s): establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
5. name - verb
· mention and identify by name; "name your accomplices!"
Hypernym(s): specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit
6. name - verb
· make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
Synonym(s): mention, advert, bring_up, cite, refer
Hypernym(s): think_of, have_in_mind, mean
7. name - verb
· identify as in botany or biology, for example
Synonym(s): identify, discover, key, key_out, distinguish, describe
8. name - verb
· give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
Hypernym(s): enumerate, recite, itemize, itemise
9. name - verb
· determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
Hypernym(s): analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.