1. nail - noun
· horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits
2. nail - noun
· a thin pointed piece of metal that is hammered into materials as a fastener
3. nail - noun
· a former unit of length for cloth equal to 1/16 of a yard
4. nail - verb
· attach something somewhere by means of nails; "nail the board onto the wall"
5. nail - verb
· take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
6. nail - verb
· hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
7. nail - verb
· succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
8. nail - verb
· succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
9. nail - verb
· locate exactly; "can you pinpoint the position of the enemy?"; "The chemists could not nail the identity of the chromosome"
10. nail - verb
· complete a pass
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.