1. melancholy - noun
· a feeling of thoughtful sadness
2. melancholy - noun
· a constitutional tendency to be gloomy and depressed
3. melancholy - noun
· a humor that was once believed to be secreted by the kidneys or spleen and to cause sadness and melancholy
4. melancholy - adjective
· characterized by or causing or expressing sadness; "growing more melancholy every hour"; "her melancholic smile"; "we acquainted him with the melancholy truth"
5. melancholy - adjective
· grave or even gloomy in character; "solemn and mournful music"; "a suit of somber black"; "a somber mood"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.