Dictionary Results for means|
1. means - noun
· thing or person that acts to produce a particular effect or achieve an end; "a means of control"; "an example is the best agency of instruction"; "the true way to success"
Synonym(s): agency, way
Hypernym(s): implementation, effectuation
2. means - noun
· an instrumentality for accomplishing some end
Hypernym(s): instrumentality, instrumentation
3. means - noun
· considerable capital (wealth or income); "he is a man of means"
4. mean - noun
· an average of n numbers computed by adding some function of the numbers and dividing by some function of n
Hypernym(s): average, norm
5. mean - verb
· mean or intend to express or convey; "You never understand what I mean!"; "what do his words intend?"
6. mean - verb
· have as a logical consequence; "The water shortage means that we have to stop taking long showers"
Synonym(s): entail, imply
7. mean - verb
· denote or connote; "`maison' means `house' in French"; "An example sentence would show what this word means"
Synonym(s): intend, signify, stand_for
8. mean - verb
· have in mind as a purpose; "I mean no harm"; "I only meant to help you"; "She didn't think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night"
Synonym(s): intend, think
9. mean - verb
· have a specified degree of importance; "My ex-husband means nothing to me"; "Happiness means everything"
10. mean - verb
· intend to refer to; "I'm thinking of good food when I talk about France"; "Yes, I meant you when I complained about people who gossip!"
Synonym(s): think_of, have_in_mind
Hypernym(s): associate, tie_in, relate, link, colligate, link_up, connect
11. mean - verb
· destine or designate for a certain purpose; "These flowers were meant for you"
Hypernym(s): intend, destine, designate, specify
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.