1. material - noun
· the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "coal is a hard black material"; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread"
2. material - noun
· information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form; "the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography"
3. material - noun
· artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers; "the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent"; "woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC"; "she measured off enough material for a dress"
4. material - noun
· things needed for doing or making something; "writing materials"; "useful teaching materials"
5. material - noun
· a person judged suitable for admission or employment; "he was university material"; "she was vice-presidential material"
6. material - adjective
· concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests; "material possessions"; "material wealth"; "material comforts"
7. material - adjective
· derived from or composed of matter; "the material universe"
8. material - adjective
· directly relevant to a matter especially a law case; "his support made a material difference"; "evidence material to the issue at hand"; "facts likely to influence the judgment are called material facts"; "a material witness"
9. material - adjective
· concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being; "material needs"; "the moral and material welfare of all good citizens"- T.Roosevelt
10. material - adjective
· having material or physical form or substance; "that which is created is of necessity corporeal and visible and tangible" - Benjamin Jowett
11. material - adjective
· having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary; "the substantial world"; "a mere dream, neither substantial nor practical"; "The wind was violent and felt substantial enough to lean against"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.