Dictionary Results for matched|
1. match - verb
· be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
Synonym(s): fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
Hypernym(s): equal, be
2. match - verb
· provide funds complementary to; "The company matched the employees' contributions"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
3. match - verb
· bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
Synonym(s): mate, couple, pair, twin
4. match - verb
· be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
Synonym(s): equal, touch, rival
Hypernym(s): compete, vie, contend
5. match - verb
· make correspond or harmonize; "Match my sweater"
Hypernym(s): adjust, set, correct
6. match - verb
· give or join in marriage
7. match - verb
· set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other"
Synonym(s): pit, oppose, play_off
Hypernym(s): confront, face
8. match - verb
· be equal or harmonize; "The two pieces match"
Hypernym(s): adjust, conform, adapt
9. match - verb
· make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
Synonym(s): equal, equalize, equalise, equate
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
10. matched - adjective
· provided with a worthy adversary or competitor; "matched teams"
11. matched - adjective
· going well together; possessing harmonizing qualities
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.