Dictionary Results for mat|
1. mat - noun
· a thick flat pad used as a floor covering
Hypernym(s): floor_cover, floor_covering
2. mat - noun
· mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
3. mat - noun
· sports equipment consisting of a piece of thick padding on the floor for gymnastic sports
4. mat - noun
· a mass that is densely tangled or interwoven; "a mat of weeds and grass"
5. mat - noun
· a master's degree in teaching
Synonym(s): Master_of_Arts_in_Teaching, MAT
6. mat - noun
· the property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss
Synonym(s): flatness, lusterlessness, lustrelessness, matt, matte
7. mat - noun
· a foundation (usually on soft ground) consisting of an extended layer of reinforced concrete
Synonym(s): raft_foundation, raft
Hypernym(s): foundation, base, fundament, foot, groundwork, substructure, understructure
8. mat - noun
· a small pad of material that is used to protect surface from an object placed on it
9. mat - verb
· twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
Synonym(s): entangle, tangle, snarl
Hypernym(s): twist, twine, distort
10. mat - verb
· change texture so as to become matted and felt-like; "The fabric felted up after several washes"
Synonym(s): felt, felt_up, mat_up, matt-up, matte_up, matte
11. mat - adjective
· not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
Synonym(s): flat, matt, matte, matted
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.