1. mark - verb
· attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
2. mark - verb
· designate as if by a mark; "This sign marks the border"
3. mark - verb
· be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense; "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"
4. mark - verb
· celebrate by some ceremony or observation; "The citizens mark the anniversary of the revolution with a march and a parade"
5. mark - verb
· make or leave a mark on; "the scouts marked the trail"; "ash marked the believers' foreheads"
6. mark - verb
· to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful; "He denounced the government action"; "She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
7. mark - verb
· notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
8. mark - verb
· mark with a scar; "The skin disease scarred his face permanently"
9. mark - verb
· make small marks into the surface of; "score the clay before firing it"
10. mark - verb
· establish as the highest level or best performance; "set a record"
11. mark - verb
· make underscoring marks
12. mark - verb
· remove from a list; "Cross the name of the dead person off the list"
13. mark - verb
· put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units"
14. mark - verb
· assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation; "grade tests"; "score the SAT essays"; "mark homework"
15. mark - verb
· insert punctuation marks into
16. marked - adjective
· strongly marked; easily noticeable; "walked with a marked limp"; "a pronounced flavor of cinnamon"
17. marked - adjective
· singled out for notice or especially for a dire fate; "a marked man"
18. marked - adjective
· having or as if having an identifying mark or a mark as specified; often used in combination; "played with marked cards"; "a scar-marked face"; "well-marked roads"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.