Dictionary Results for mantle|
1. mantle - noun
· the cloak as a symbol of authority; "place the mantle of authority on younger shoulders"
2. mantle - noun
· United States baseball player (1931-1997)
Synonym(s): Mantle, Mickey_Mantle, Mickey_Charles_Mantle
3. mantle - noun
· the layer of the earth between the crust and the core
4. mantle - noun
· anything that covers; "there was a blanket of snow"
Hypernym(s): covering, natural_covering, cover
5. mantle - noun
· (zoology) a protective layer of epidermis in mollusks or brachiopods that secretes a substance forming the shell
Hypernym(s): epidermis, cuticle
6. mantle - noun
· shelf that projects from wall above fireplace
Synonym(s): mantel, mantelpiece, mantlepiece, chimneypiece
7. mantle - noun
· hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
Synonym(s): curtain, drape, drapery, pall
Hypernym(s): blind, screen, furnishing
8. mantle - noun
· a sleeveless garment like a cloak but shorter
9. mantle - verb
· spread over a surface, like a mantle
Hypernym(s): diffuse, spread, spread_out, fan_out
10. mantle - verb
· cover like a mantle; "The ivy mantles the building"
Hypernym(s): cover, spread_over
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.