Dictionary Results for lowering|
1. lowering - noun
· the act of causing to become less
Hypernym(s): decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
2. lowering - noun
· the act of causing something to move to a lower level
3. lower - verb
· move something or somebody to a lower position; "take down the vase from the shelf"
Synonym(s): take_down, let_down, get_down, bring_down
Hypernym(s): move, displace
4. lower - verb
· set lower; "lower a rating"; "lower expectations"
5. lower - verb
· make lower or quieter; "turn down the volume of a radio"
Synonym(s): turn_down, lour
Hypernym(s): decrease, lessen, minify
6. lower - verb
· cause to drop or sink; "The lack of rain had depressed the water level in the reservoir"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
7. lower - verb
· look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval
Synonym(s): frown, glower, lour
Hypernym(s): grimace, make_a_face, pull_a_face
8. lowering - adjective
· darkened by clouds; "a heavy sky"
Synonym(s): heavy, sullen, threatening
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.