Dictionary Results for lot|
1. lot - noun
· (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
Synonym(s): batch, deal, flock, good_deal, great_deal, hatful, heap, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite_a_little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy_sum, wad
Hypernym(s): large_indefinite_quantity, large_indefinite_amount
2. lot - noun
· a parcel of land having fixed boundaries; "he bought a lot on the lake"
Hypernym(s): tract, piece_of_land, piece_of_ground, parcel_of_land, parcel
3. lot - noun
· an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
Synonym(s): set, circle, band
4. lot - noun
· your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
Synonym(s): fortune, destiny, fate, luck, circumstances, portion
5. lot - noun
· anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; "the luck of the draw"; "they drew lots for it"
Hypernym(s): object, physical_object
6. lot - noun
· any collection in its entirety; "she bought the whole caboodle"
Synonym(s): bunch, caboodle
Hypernym(s): collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
7. lot - noun
· (Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
8. lot - verb
· divide into lots, as of land, for example
Hypernym(s): divide, split, split_up, separate, dissever, carve_up
9. lot - verb
· administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
Synonym(s): distribute, administer, mete_out, deal, parcel_out, dispense, shell_out, deal_out, dish_out, allot, dole_out
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.