Dictionary Results for loose|
1. loose - verb
· grant freedom to; free from confinement
Synonym(s): free, liberate, release, unloose, unloosen
2. loose - verb
· turn loose or free from restraint; "let loose mines"; "Loose terrible plagues upon humanity"
Synonym(s): unleash, let_loose
Hypernym(s): let_go_of, let_go, release, relinquish
3. loose - verb
· make loose or looser; "loosen the tension on a rope"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
4. loose - verb
· become loose or looser or less tight; "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"
Synonym(s): loosen, relax
5. loose - adjective
· not compact or dense in structure or arrangement; "loose gravel"
6. loose - adjective
· (of a ball in sport) not in the possession or control of any player; "a loose ball"
7. loose - adjective
· not tight; not closely constrained or constricted or constricting; "loose clothing"; "the large shoes were very loose"
8. loose - adjective
· not officially recognized or controlled; "an informal agreement"; "a loose organization of the local farmers"
9. loose - adjective
· not literal; "a loose interpretation of what she had been told"; "a free translation of the poem"
Synonym(s): free, liberal
10. loose - adjective
· emptying easily or excessively; "loose bowels"
11. loose - adjective
· not affixed; "the stamp came loose"
12. loose - adjective
· not tense or taut; "the old man's skin hung loose and grey"; "slack and wrinkled skin"; "slack sails"; "a slack rope"; "a slack grip"
13. loose - adjective
· (of textures) full of small openings or gaps; "an open texture"; "a loose weave"
14. loose - adjective
· lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; "idle talk"; "a loose tongue"
15. loose - adjective
· not carefully arranged in a package; "a box of loose nails"
16. loose - adjective
· having escaped, especially from confinement; "a convict still at large"; "searching for two escaped prisoners"; "dogs loose on the streets"; "criminals on the loose in the neighborhood"
Synonym(s): at_large, escaped, on_the_loose
17. loose - adjective
· casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior; "her easy virtue"; "he was told to avoid loose (or light) women"; "wanton behavior"
Synonym(s): easy, light, promiscuous, sluttish, wanton
18. loose - adverb
· without restraint; "cows in India are running loose"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.