Dictionary Results for links|
1. links - noun
· a golf course that is built on sandy ground near a shore
Hypernym(s): golf_course, links_course
2. link - noun
· the means of connection between things linked in series
3. link - noun
· a fastener that serves to join or connect; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
Synonym(s): linkup, tie, tie-in
Hypernym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
4. link - noun
· the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable"
Synonym(s): connection, connectedness
Hypernym(s): union, unification
5. link - noun
· a connecting shape
Synonym(s): connection, connexion
Hypernym(s): shape, form
6. link - noun
· a unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
Hypernym(s): linear_unit, linear_measure
7. link - noun
· (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
Hypernym(s): instruction, command, statement, program_line
8. link - noun
· a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
Synonym(s): liaison, contact, inter-group_communication
Hypernym(s): channel, communication_channel, line
9. link - noun
· a two-way radio communication system (usually microwave); part of a more extensive telecommunication network
10. link - noun
· an interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data
Hypernym(s): circuit, electrical_circuit, electric_circuit
11. link - verb
· make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
Synonym(s): associate, tie_in, relate, colligate, link_up, connect
Hypernym(s): think, cogitate, cerebrate
12. link - verb
· connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
Synonym(s): connect, tie, link_up
13. link - verb
· be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
Synonym(s): connect, link_up, join, unite
14. link - verb
· link with or as with a yoke; "yoke the oxen together"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.