Dictionary Results for led|
1. led - noun
· diode such that light emitted at a p-n junction is proportional to the bias current; color depends on the material used
Synonym(s): light-emitting_diode, LED
Hypernym(s): diode, semiconductor_diode, junction_rectifier, crystal_rectifier
2. lead - verb
· take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
Synonym(s): take, direct, conduct, guide
3. lead - verb
· produce as a result or residue; "The water left a mark on the silk dress"; "Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
Synonym(s): leave, result
Hypernym(s): produce, bring_about, give_rise
4. lead - verb
· tend to or result in; "This remark lead to further arguments among the guests"
Hypernym(s): leave, result, lead
5. lead - verb
· travel in front of; go in advance of others; "The procession was headed by John"
Hypernym(s): precede, lead
6. lead - verb
· cause to undertake a certain action; "Her greed led her to forge the checks"
Hypernym(s): induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
7. lead - verb
· stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point; "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"; "His knowledge doesn't go very far"; "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"; "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
Synonym(s): run, go, pass, extend
8. lead - verb
· be in charge of; "Who is heading this project?"
9. lead - verb
· be ahead of others; be the first; "she topped her class every year"
10. lead - verb
· be conducive to; "The use of computers in the classroom lead to better writing"
Synonym(s): contribute, conduce
Hypernym(s): promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
11. lead - verb
· lead, as in the performance of a composition; "conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
Synonym(s): conduct, direct
Hypernym(s): perform, execute, do
12. lead - verb
· lead, extend, or afford access; "This door goes to the basement"; "The road runs South"
13. lead - verb
· move ahead (of others) in time or space
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
14. lead - verb
· cause something to pass or lead somewhere; "Run the wire behind the cabinet"
Hypernym(s): pass, make_pass
15. lead - verb
· preside over; "John moderated the discussion"
Synonym(s): moderate, chair
Hypernym(s): hash_out, discuss, talk_over
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.