1. leaving - noun
· the act of departing
2. leave - verb
· go away from a place; "At what time does your train leave?"; "She didn't leave until midnight"; "The ship leaves at midnight"
3. leave - verb
· go and leave behind, either intentionally or by neglect or forgetfulness; "She left a mess when she moved out"; "His good luck finally left him"; "her husband left her after 20 years of marriage"; "she wept thinking she had been left behind"
4. leave - verb
· act or be so as to become in a specified state; "The inflation left them penniless"; "The president's remarks left us speechless"
5. leave - verb
· leave unchanged or undisturbed or refrain from taking; "leave it as is"; "leave the young fawn alone"; "leave the flowers that you see in the park behind"
6. leave - verb
· move out of or depart from; "leave the room"; "the fugitive has left the country"
7. leave - verb
· make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain; "This leaves no room for improvement"; "The evidence allows only one conclusion"; "allow for mistakes"; "leave lots of time for the trip"; "This procedure provides for lots of leeway"
8. leave - verb
· produce as a result or residue; "The water left a mark on the silk dress"; "Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
9. leave - verb
· remove oneself from an association with or participation in; "She wants to leave"; "The teenager left home"; "She left her position with the Red Cross"; "He left the Senate after two terms"; "after 20 years with the same company, she pulled up stakes"
10. leave - verb
· put into the care or protection of someone; "He left the decision to his deputy"; "leave your child in the nurse's care"
11. leave - verb
· leave or give by will after one's death; "My aunt bequeathed me all her jewelry"; "My grandfather left me his entire estate"
12. leave - verb
· have left or have as a remainder; "That left the four of us"; "19 minus 8 leaves 11"
13. leave - verb
· be survived by after one's death; "He left six children"; "At her death, she left behind her husband and 11 cats"
14. leave - verb
· transmit (knowledge or skills); "give a secret to the Russians"; "leave your name and address here"; "impart a new skill to the students"
15. leave - verb
· leave behind unintentionally; "I forgot my umbrella in the restaurant"; "I left my keys inside the car and locked the doors"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.