Dictionary Results for lapse|
1. lapse - noun
· a mistake resulting from inattention
Hypernym(s): mistake, error, fault
2. lapse - noun
· a break or intermission in the occurrence of something; "a lapse of three weeks between letters"
Hypernym(s): pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension
3. lapse - noun
· a failure to maintain a higher state
Synonym(s): backsliding, lapsing, relapse, relapsing, reversion, reverting
4. lapse - verb
· pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into nirvana"
Synonym(s): sink, pass
5. lapse - verb
· end, at least for a long time; "The correspondence lapsed"
Hypernym(s): end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
6. lapse - verb
· drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
Hypernym(s): slip, drop_off, drop_away, fall_away
7. lapse - verb
· go back to bad behavior; "Those who recidivate are often minor criminals"
Synonym(s): relapse, recidivate, regress, retrogress, fall_back
Hypernym(s): revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn_back
8. lapse - verb
· let slip; "He lapsed his membership"
Hypernym(s): forfeit, give_up, throw_overboard, waive, forgo, forego
9. lapse - verb
· pass by; "three years elapsed"
Synonym(s): elapse, pass, slip_by, glide_by, slip_away, go_by, slide_by, go_along
Hypernym(s): advance, progress, pass_on, move_on, march_on, go_on
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.