Dictionary Results for know|
1. know - noun
· the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people; "he is always in the know"
2. know - verb
· be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about; "I know that the President lied to the people"; "I want to know who is winning the game!"; "I know it's time"
Synonym(s): cognize, cognise
3. know - verb
· know how to do or perform something; "She knows how to knit"; "Does your husband know how to cook?"
4. know - verb
· be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt; "I know that I left the key on the table"; "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"
5. know - verb
· be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object; "She doesn't know this composer"; "Do you know my sister?"; "We know this movie"; "I know him under a different name"; "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily"
6. know - verb
· have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two divorces"
Synonym(s): experience, live
Hypernym(s): experience, see, go_through
7. know - verb
· accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
Synonym(s): acknowledge, recognize, recognise
8. know - verb
· have fixed in the mind; "I know Latin"; "This student knows her irregular verbs"; "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?"
9. know - verb
· have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
Synonym(s): sleep_together, roll_in_the_hay, love, make_out, make_love, sleep_with, get_laid, have_sex, do_it, be_intimate, have_intercourse, have_it_away, have_it_off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie_with, bed, have_a_go_at_it, bang, get_it_on, bonk
Hypernym(s): copulate, mate, pair, couple
10. know - verb
· know the nature or character of; "we all knew her as a big show-off"
Hypernym(s): recognize, recognise, realize, realise, agnize, agnise
11. know - verb
· be able to distinguish, recognize as being different; "The child knows right from wrong"
Hypernym(s): distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell_apart
12. know - verb
· perceive as familiar; "I know this voice!"
Hypernym(s): remember, retrieve, recall, call_back, call_up, recollect, think
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.