Dictionary Results for king|
1. king - noun
· a male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
Synonym(s): male_monarch, Rex
Hypernym(s): sovereign, crowned_head, monarch
2. king - noun
· a competitor who holds a preeminent position
Synonym(s): queen, world-beater
Hypernym(s): rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
3. king - noun
· a very wealthy or powerful businessman; "an oil baron"
Synonym(s): baron, big_businessman, business_leader, magnate, mogul, power, top_executive, tycoon
Hypernym(s): businessman, man_of_affairs
4. king - noun
· preeminence in a particular category or group or field; "the lion is the king of beasts"
Hypernym(s): eminence, distinction, preeminence, note
5. king - noun
· United States woman tennis player (born in 1943)
Synonym(s): King, Billie_Jean_King, Billie_Jean_Moffitt_King
6. king - noun
· United States guitar player and singer of the blues (born in 1925)
Synonym(s): King, B._B._King, Riley_B_King
7. king - noun
· United States charismatic civil rights leader and Baptist minister who campaigned against the segregation of Blacks (1929-1968)
Synonym(s): King, Martin_Luther_King, Martin_Luther_King_Jr.
8. king - noun
· a checker that has been moved to the opponent's first row where it is promoted to a piece that is free to move either forward or backward
Hypernym(s): checker, chequer
9. king - noun
· one of the four playing cards in a deck bearing the picture of a king
Hypernym(s): face_card, picture_card, court_card
10. king - noun
· (chess) the weakest but the most important piece
Hypernym(s): chessman, chess_piece
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.