1. kill - noun
· the act of terminating a life
2. kill - noun
· the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile; "the pilot reported two kills during the mission"
3. kill - noun
· the body of an animal, or bodies of animals, killed by a person or another animal
4. kill - verb
· cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly; "This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"; "The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
5. kill - verb
· thwart the passage of; "kill a motion"; "he shot down the student's proposal"
6. kill - verb
· end or extinguish by forceful means; "Stamp out poverty!"
7. kill - verb
· be fatal; "cigarettes kill"; "drunken driving kills"
8. kill - verb
· be the source of great pain for; "These new shoes are killing me!"
9. kill - verb
· overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration; "The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!"
10. kill - verb
· hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games; "She killed the ball"
11. kill - verb
· hit with great force; "He killed the ball"
12. kill - verb
· deprive of life; "AIDS has killed thousands in Africa"
13. kill - verb
· cause the death of, without intention; "She was killed in the collision of three cars"
14. kill - verb
· drink down entirely; "He downed three martinis before dinner"; "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"; "They popped a few beer after work"
15. kill - verb
· mark for deletion, rub off, or erase; "kill these lines in the President's speech"
16. kill - verb
· tire out completely; "The daily stress of her work is killing her"
17. kill - verb
· cause to cease operating; "kill the engine"
18. kill - verb
· destroy a vitally essential quality of or in; "Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.