Dictionary Results for kill|
1. kill - noun
· the act of terminating a life
Synonym(s): killing, putting_to_death
Hypernym(s): termination, ending, conclusion
2. kill - noun
· the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile; "the pilot reported two kills during the mission"
Hypernym(s): destruction, devastation
3. kill - noun
· the body of an animal, or bodies of animals, killed by a person or another animal
Hypernym(s): body, dead_body
4. kill - verb
· cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly; "This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"; "The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
5. kill - verb
· thwart the passage of; "kill a motion"; "he shot down the student's proposal"
Synonym(s): shoot_down, defeat, vote_down, vote_out
Hypernym(s): veto, blackball, negative
6. kill - verb
· end or extinguish by forceful means; "Stamp out poverty!"
Hypernym(s): end, terminate
7. kill - verb
· be fatal; "cigarettes kill"; "drunken driving kills"
8. kill - verb
· be the source of great pain for; "These new shoes are killing me!"
Hypernym(s): hurt, ache, suffer
9. kill - verb
· overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration; "The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!"
Hypernym(s): overwhelm, overpower, sweep_over, whelm, overcome, overtake
10. kill - verb
· hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games; "She killed the ball"
11. kill - verb
· hit with great force; "He killed the ball"
12. kill - verb
· deprive of life; "AIDS has killed thousands in Africa"
13. kill - verb
· cause the death of, without intention; "She was killed in the collision of three cars"
14. kill - verb
· drink down entirely; "He downed three martinis before dinner"; "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"; "They popped a few beer after work"
Synonym(s): toss_off, pop, bolt_down, belt_down, pour_down, down, drink_down
Hypernym(s): drink, imbibe
15. kill - verb
· mark for deletion, rub off, or erase; "kill these lines in the President's speech"
Synonym(s): obliterate, wipe_out
Hypernym(s): take_away, take_out
16. kill - verb
· tire out completely; "The daily stress of her work is killing her"
Hypernym(s): exhaust, wash_up, beat, tucker, tucker_out
17. kill - verb
· cause to cease operating; "kill the engine"
Hypernym(s): switch_off, cut, turn_off, turn_out
18. kill - verb
· destroy a vitally essential quality of or in; "Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods"
Hypernym(s): destroy, destruct
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.