1. jumping - noun
· the act of participating in an athletic competition in which you must jump
2. jumping - noun
· the act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground; "he advanced in a series of jumps"; "the jumping was unexpected"
3. jump - verb
· move forward by leaps and bounds; "The horse bounded across the meadow"; "The child leapt across the puddle"; "Can you jump over the fence?"
4. jump - verb
· move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm; "She startled when I walked into the room"
5. jump - verb
· make a sudden physical attack on; "The muggers jumped the woman in the fur coat"
6. jump - verb
· increase suddenly and significantly; "Prices jumped overnight"
7. jump - verb
· be highly noticeable
8. jump - verb
· enter eagerly into; "He jumped into the game"
9. jump - verb
· rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
10. jump - verb
· jump down from an elevated point; "the parachutist didn't want to jump"; "every year, hundreds of people jump off the Golden Gate bridge"; "the widow leapt into the funeral pyre"
11. jump - verb
· run off or leave the rails; "the train derailed because a cow was standing on the tracks"
12. jump - verb
· jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute
13. jump - verb
· cause to jump or leap; "the trainer jumped the tiger through the hoop"
14. jump - verb
· start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car's battery
15. jump - verb
· bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
16. jump - verb
· pass abruptly from one state or topic to another; "leap into fame"; "jump to a conclusion"; "jump from one thing to another"
17. jump - verb
· go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.