Dictionary Results for judges|
1. judges - noun
· a book of the Old Testament that tells the history of Israel under the leaders known as judges
Synonym(s): Judges, Book_of_Judges
2. judge - noun
· a public official authorized to decide questions brought before a court of justice
Synonym(s): justice, jurist
Hypernym(s): official, functionary, adjudicator
3. judge - noun
· an authority who is able to estimate worth or quality
4. judge - verb
· determine the result of (a competition)
Hypernym(s): decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate
5. judge - verb
· form a critical opinion of; "I cannot judge some works of modern art"; "How do you evaluate this grant proposal?"; "We shouldn't pass judgment on other people"
Synonym(s): evaluate, pass_judgment
Hypernym(s): think, cogitate, cerebrate
6. judge - verb
· judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
Synonym(s): estimate, gauge, approximate, guess
Hypernym(s): calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work_out, reckon, figure
7. judge - verb
· pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
Synonym(s): pronounce, label
Hypernym(s): declare, adjudge, hold
8. judge - verb
· put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife"; "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"
Synonym(s): adjudicate, try
Hypernym(s): decide, make_up_one%27s_mind, determine
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.