Dictionary Results for jar|
1. jar - noun
· a vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles
2. jar - noun
· the quantity contained in a jar; "he drank a jar of beer"
3. jar - noun
· a sudden jarring impact; "the door closed with a jolt"; "all the jars and jolts were smoothed out by the shock absorbers"
Synonym(s): jolt, jounce, shock
Hypernym(s): blow, bump
4. jar - verb
· be incompatible; be or come into conflict; "These colors clash"
Synonym(s): clash, collide
5. jar - verb
· move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
6. jar - verb
· shock physically; "Georgia was shaken up in the Tech game"
Synonym(s): shake_up, bump_around
Hypernym(s): move, displace
7. jar - verb
· affect in a disagreeable way; "This play jarred the audience"
Hypernym(s): affect, impress, move, strike
8. jar - verb
· place in a cylindrical vessel; "jar the jam"
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.