Dictionary Results for jamming|
1. jamming - noun
· deliberate radiation or reflection of electromagnetic energy for the purpose of disrupting enemy use of electronic devices or systems
Synonym(s): electronic_jamming, jam
Hypernym(s): electronic_countermeasures, ECM
2. jam - verb
· press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium"
Synonym(s): throng, mob, pack, pile
Hypernym(s): crowd, crowd_together
3. jam - verb
· push down forcibly; "The driver jammed the brake pedal to the floor"
Hypernym(s): push, force
4. jam - verb
· crush or bruise; "jam a toe"
Hypernym(s): bruise, contuse
5. jam - verb
· interfere with or prevent the reception of signals; "Jam the Voice of America"; "block the signals emitted by this station"
Hypernym(s): interrupt, disrupt, break_up, cut_off
6. jam - verb
· get stuck and immobilized; "the mechanism jammed"
Hypernym(s): malfunction, misfunction
7. jam - verb
· crowd or pack to capacity; "the theater was jampacked"
Synonym(s): jampack, ram, chock_up, cram, wad
8. jam - verb
· block passage through; "obstruct the path"
Synonym(s): obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, block, close_up
Hypernym(s): impede, hinder
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.