1. isolate - verb
· place or set apart; "They isolated the political prisoners from the other inmates"
2. isolate - verb
· obtain in pure form; "The chemist managed to isolate the compound"
3. isolate - verb
· set apart from others; "The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on"
4. isolate - verb
· separate (experiences) from the emotions relating to them
5. isolated - adjective
· not close together in time; "isolated instances of rebellion"; "a few stray crumbs"
6. isolated - adjective
· being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
7. isolated - adjective
· marked by separation of or from usually contiguous elements; "little isolated worlds, as abruptly disjunct and unexpected as a palm-shaded well in the Sahara"- Scientific Monthly
8. isolated - adjective
· cut off or left behind; "an isolated pawn"; "several stranded fish in a tide pool"; "travelers marooned by the blizzard"
9. isolated - adjective
· under forced isolation especially for health reasons; "a quarantined animal"; "isolated patients"
10. isolated - adjective
· remote and separate physically or socially; "existed over the centuries as a world apart"; "preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- W.H.Hudson; "tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"; "an obscure village"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.