Dictionary Results for involved|
1. involve - verb
· connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
Synonym(s): affect, regard
Hypernym(s): refer, pertain, relate, concern, come_to, bear_on, touch, touch_on, have_to_do_with
2. involve - verb
· engage as a participant; "Don't involve me in your family affairs!"
Hypernym(s): admit, let_in, include
3. involve - verb
· have as a necessary feature; "This decision involves many changes"
Hypernym(s): have, feature
4. involve - verb
· require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
Synonym(s): necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, call_for, demand
5. involve - verb
· contain as a part; "Dinner at Joe's always involves at least six courses"
6. involve - verb
· occupy or engage the interest of; "His story completely involved me during the entire afternoon"
Hypernym(s): absorb, engross, engage, occupy
7. involve - verb
· make complex or intricate or complicated; "The situation was rather involved"
Hypernym(s): complicate, refine, rarify, elaborate
8. involved - adjective
· connected by participation or association or use; "we accomplished nothing, simply because of the large number of people involved"; "the problems involved"; "the involved muscles"; "I don't want to get involved"; "everyone involved in the bribery case has been identified"
9. involved - adjective
· entangled or hindered as if e.g. in mire; "the difficulties in which the question is involved"; "brilliant leadership mired in details and confusion"
10. involved - adjective
· emotionally involved
11. involved - adjective
· highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "Byzantine methods for holding on to his chairmanship"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by labyrinthine maneuvering"; "Oh, what a tangled web we weave"- Sir Walter Scott; "tortuous legal procedures"; "tortuous negotiations lasting for months"
Synonym(s): Byzantine, convoluted, knotty, tangled, tortuous
12. involved - adjective
· enveloped; "a castle involved in mist"; "the difficulties in which the question is involved"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.