Dictionary Results for interest|
1. interest - noun
· a sense of concern with and curiosity about someone or something; "an interest in music"
Hypernym(s): curiosity, wonder
2. interest - noun
· a reason for wanting something done; "for your sake"; "died for the sake of his country"; "in the interest of safety"; "in the common interest"
Hypernym(s): benefit, welfare
3. interest - noun
· the power of attracting or holding one's attention (because it is unusual or exciting etc.); "they said nothing of great interest"; "primary colors can add interest to a room"
Hypernym(s): power, powerfulness
4. interest - noun
· a fixed charge for borrowing money; usually a percentage of the amount borrowed; "how much interest do you pay on your mortgage?"
Hypernym(s): fixed_charge, fixed_cost, fixed_costs
5. interest - noun
· (law) a right or legal share of something; a financial involvement with something; "they have interests all over the world"; "a stake in the company's future"
Hypernym(s): share, portion, part, percentage
6. interest - noun
· (usually plural) a social group whose members control some field of activity and who have common aims; "the iron interests stepped up production"
7. interest - noun
· a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly); "sailing is her favorite pastime"; "his main pastime is gambling"; "he counts reading among his interests"; "they criticized the boy for his limited pursuits"
Synonym(s): pastime, pursuit
Hypernym(s): diversion, recreation
8. interest - verb
· excite the curiosity of; engage the interest of
Hypernym(s): arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
9. interest - verb
· be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
Synonym(s): concern, occupy, worry
10. interest - verb
· be of importance or consequence; "This matters to me!"
Hypernym(s): refer, pertain, relate, concern, come_to, bear_on, touch, touch_on, have_to_do_with
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.