Dictionary Results for initiate|
1. initiate - noun
· someone new to a field or activity
Synonym(s): novice, beginner, tyro, tiro
2. initiate - noun
· someone who has been admitted to membership in a scholarly field
Synonym(s): learned_person, pundit, savant
Hypernym(s): scholar, scholarly_person, bookman, student
3. initiate - noun
· people who have been introduced to the mysteries of some field or activity; "it is very familiar to the initiate"
4. initiate - verb
· bring into being; "He initiated a new program"; "Start a foundation"
Synonym(s): originate, start
Hypernym(s): make, create
5. initiate - verb
· take the lead or initiative in; participate in the development of; "This South African surgeon pioneered heart transplants"
Hypernym(s): cause, do, make
6. initiate - verb
· accept people into an exclusive society or group, usually with some rite; "African men are initiated when they reach puberty"
Hypernym(s): admit, let_in, include
7. initiate - verb
· bring up a topic for discussion
Hypernym(s): hash_out, discuss, talk_over
8. initiate - verb
· set in motion, start an event or prepare the way for; "Hitler's attack on Poland led up to World War II"
Hypernym(s): originate, initiate, start
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.