1. inhibit - verb
· prohibit, forbid, or prevent from doing something; "Contact between the young was inhibited by strict social customs"
2. inhibit - verb
· limit, block, or decrease the action or function of; "inhibit the action of the enzyme"; "inhibit the rate of a chemical reaction"
3. inhibit - verb
· consciously restrain from showing; of emotions, desires, impulses, or behavior; "suppress a smile"; "he let his anger bottle up until he exploded"
4. inhibit - verb
· make (someone) self-conscious and as a result unable to act naturally; "his father's cold and distant demeanor inhibited him emotionally"
5. inhibited - adjective
· held back or restrained or prevented; "in certain conditions previously inhibited conditioned reactions can reappear"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.