Dictionary Results for incline|
1. incline - noun
· an elevated geological formation; "he climbed the steep slope"; "the house was built on the side of a mountain"
Synonym(s): slope, side
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
2. incline - noun
· an inclined surface connecting two levels
3. incline - verb
· have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
Synonym(s): tend, be_given, lean, run
4. incline - verb
· bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well; "He inclined his ear to the wise old man"
Hypernym(s): listen, hear, take_heed
5. incline - verb
· lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow; "She inclined her head to the student"
Hypernym(s): lower, take_down, let_down, get_down, bring_down
6. incline - verb
· be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
Synonym(s): slope, pitch
Hypernym(s): lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
7. incline - verb
· feel favorably disposed or willing; "She inclines to the view that people should be allowed to expres their religious beliefs"
Hypernym(s): feel, experience
8. incline - verb
· make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief; "Their language inclines us to believe them"
Hypernym(s): determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.