Dictionary Results for hurting|
1. hurting - noun
· a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
2. hurt - verb
· be the source of pain
Synonym(s): ache, smart
3. hurt - verb
· give trouble or pain to; "This exercise will hurt your back"
4. hurt - verb
· cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
Synonym(s): pain, anguish
Hypernym(s): upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
5. hurt - verb
· cause damage or affect negatively; "Our business was hurt by the new competition"
6. hurt - verb
· hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
Synonym(s): wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite
Hypernym(s): arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
7. hurt - verb
· feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
Synonym(s): ache, suffer
Hypernym(s): perceive, comprehend
8. hurt - verb
· feel pain or be in pain
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.